[DISC] Activity Mod Plus (Newest Release: v1.1.0)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
aUsTiN-Inc

[DISC] Activity Mod Plus (Newest Release: v1.1.0)

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Now i have changed the versioning format to fit phpBB's requirements. It has been reverted to the proper x.y.z style & is now 1.1.0 Beta. I have released it & a direct download link is below as well as the demo link.

Im starting this topic instead of using the existing topic as that one is 1900+ posts & there are to many conversations going in different directions there.

[X]: Things already added.
[X]: Things to be added.
[X]: Things being considered.

[X] Trophy System:
A forum wide system, viewed in all posts (viewtopic.php) & all profiles (profile.php) that counts how many games a user has the highest score on & gives them the deserved trophy.

[X] Ban System:
A game wide ban system, for those who you dont want to play fair. All game files go by this. Ban by username & or user_id.

[X] Single Score / Game:
A user can only have 1 score per game. If they beat that score, it will use the highest, otherwise it will not save it.

[X] Optional Game Loads:
You can play the game in full screen mode (complaments of whoo) or in the pop-up mode.

[X] Seperate .tpls:
The full screen mode has a seperate tpl from the pop up. Reason, the full screen mode also has the trophy holder stats on it(who has the trophy, their score, the date they won the trophy) & it has the top 10 highest scores under the trophy holder.

[X] Quick Choice:
Added to the activity page, a drop down of all the games for easier access.

[X] Auto Delete Scores:
Every 30 days it will automatically delete the scores, so your scores table does not get flooded. Acp controled to use it or not.

[X] Drop Trophy Holder:
If you think the trophy holder has cheated, there is a feature to drop them & bring the runner up to their spot.

[X] Seperate Highscores:
Added a new highscores page, less searching in the files to change things.

[X] Trophy Page:
Seperate page to show all the games & who has the trophy in that game. Also this page allows for a search, linked in viewtopic & profile to find all games a certain person has a trophy of.

[X] New Saved Body:
With this one, it gives you the option to go back to playing games(if loaded full screen) or close window(if loaded in pop up). Also if you win a trophy it displays a "congratulations" message. If your score did not save because you didn't beat your current highscore, itll let ya know same as if you did beat it, it'll save it & let ya know.

[X] Both newscore.php Compatable:
This will work for spidy's games as well as whoo's games. I suggest whoo's as they are alot more protected in terms of cheating, but i have added additional fixes to help prevent such easy cheating using spidy's games.

[X] Reverse Trophy Holder:
The reverse order issue has been fixed & implemented. It will work just like a normal game should. (v1.0.1)

[X] User Friendly Add Game:
From the ACP, you add values ONE time for the game path, a default charge, a default bonus, an increment value which will load those 2 into drop downs, window height & width are set one time. From the add game page all games NOT installed already that exist in the game path will load into a drop down with a count of how many there are. (v1.0.1)

[X] Category System:
Add categories from the ACP, assign games to those categories, on the activity page it will include a drop down that has all the categories, from there select a category & it will load the page with those specific games. (v1.0.1)

[X] Allow Guests:
From a config value you set in the ACP, you can allow guests to play on the board or not play. (v1.0.1)

[X] Restrict Game Play By Postcount:
You can restrict the access to games if a user doesn't have a certain amount of points. (v1.0.1)

[X] Restrict Game Play By Joindate:
You can restrict the access to games if a user hasnt been a member for a certain amount of days. The config settings are in 1.0.1 but it IS NOT in working order until 1.0.2. (v1.0.2)

[X] Disable Game:
You can now disable games from the activity.php listing. The trophy holder can still be viewed as the game is still there so the trophy holder is still the trophy holder. The disabled games are still viewable & playable by the admins. You can disable them when adding the game, or at any time there after. (v1.0.2)

[X] Challenge System:
In each game row, there is a link to challenge the trophy holder, unless the trophy holder is Anonymous, then ya just take it. The current trophy holder will in turn be sent a PM letting them know that someone is trying to take a trophy. The message sent includes the user who is trying to take it & the game they are playing. The subject & message being sent as well as wether to use it or not are ACP controled. (v1.0.2)

[X] Lost Trophy PM:
If a user losses a trophy to another player, a PM will be sent to the old trophy holder letting them know they just lost a trophy. The message sent includes the user who took the trophy & the game they lost the trophy on. The subject & message being sent as well as wether to use it or not are ACP controled. (v1.0.2)

[X] Random Game:
Adds a link inbetween the game drop down & category drop down to a random game, changes every refresh. (v1.0.3)

[X] Challenge Tracker:
This will add a challenges page that will list the total challenges your users have sent + each user & the amount of challenges they have sent ona user by user basis. (v1.0.3)

[X] Top X Games Across The Top:
This will add another row of game listings that are based on the newest games added. The amount is set in the ACP for how many games to show. (v1.0.3)

[X] New Game Image:
Adds an image in the game rows if the game was added in the last X amount of days, X being the number of days you choose in the ACP to keep a game "new". (v1.0.3)

[X] Popular Game Image:
Adds an image in the game rows if the game has reached a certain amount of time being played. The amount of game plays required to recieve the POPULAR image is defined in the ACP. (v1.0.3)

[X] Optional Games Online List:
At the bottom of the activity's page, you can optionally turn on or off a list of users playing the games or viewing the games. Will show you how many registered users & guests are there. (v1.0.3)

[X] Top Trophy Holders Page:
At the top of the trophies page, there is now a link to view all the trophy holders, how many trophies they have & some contact info for them. (v1.0.3)

[X] A Wager System:
If users want to bet site points or just bet for fun that one can beat another at a game, this is now capable. It will also track who has won, the score, the amount, etc.. (v1.0.4)

[X] Info Box:
Similar to vBulletin, this now comes with some board stats across the top of the mod. This includes all the stats for the viewing player (trophies won, points onhand, challenges sent & recieved, etc), In the middle it shows the last game played, the last trophy won & who won it with a link to play it, on the right shows the most popular game & least popular game.(v1.0.4)

[X] Delete Specific Scores:
You can now delete all scores for a specific user, so you dont have to wipe out entire games scores or edit them 1 by 1 in the database. I added this mainly for like Anonymous users, if you want all their scores gone, you can now do it, or any other board member. (v1.0.4)

[X] Disable Pages:
You can now disable any page on a 1 by 1 basis or all at once. It is ACP controled, whatever you dont want to use, will no longer be used. If you disable it all the links to it disappear & it will become only viewable by admins. If you want to disable the entire board, for upgrades ETC. you can do that also. (v1.0.5)

[X] Top Five Page:
This feature will show the top 5 specs for the board. Trophy holder, games played, bets made, bets won, challenges sent, etc.. PLUS all the top 5 scores for the games. (v1.0.5)

[X] Bulk Add Games:
You can now add any amount of games with a single click. If you lose all the game data, eh guess what, as long as you have the games in the FTP you can install everyone of them with one click. It will use all the default info you have set up in the Xtras section, so life just got that much easier! (v1.0.5)

[X] Delete Comments Live:
On the comments page, the score is now a link, for admins, to delete that specific comment. Just incase you have something you dis-approve of on there. (v1.0.5)

[X] Edit Games Live:
In the game rows on this version, you will find a new link, only viewable to admins, allowing you to edit the game directly from the activity page, just to save ya going ACP -> Edit Game -> the find it. (v1.0.5)

[X] Rating System:
You can now rate the games, scale of 1-10, users can only vote for a game one time. (v1.0.6)

[X] Trophy King Feature:
If a user has the most trophies & the admin has it activated, this will give that user a new rank. When the user loses the most trophies, their old rank is restored. (v1.0.6)
aUsTiN wrote: Added in 1.0.7

New Feature
Added a config value for the image on the top of the games page. So its configured via ACP.

New Feature
Added a restrict amount of games played per day feature. If you want to restrict users to only play 100 games per day, that can now be done. Configured via ACP.

New Feature
Added, assuming your board read $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], when a users plays a game from the categories page or one of the other games pages, after they submit their score, it will return to their previous page instead of activity.php.

New Feature
Added the correct game name to the saved_body & also added the game name & score you got to the message.

New Feature
Made the images on activity_top_scores.php & activity_top_scores.php?search=USERNAME links to the games.

New Feature
Added alphabetical order listing to the ACP for default order set by the admin. It will add 2 more choices

Real Name, ASC
Real Name, DESC

ASC = any games starting with numbers, underscores, dashes, then the letter A-Z
DESC = Z-A then reverse the above.

New Feature
Added a way for you to add colors to your game names. Before you ask i MIGHT work in a color groups by category. Dunno yet..

New Feature
Added a whos where page, to show where the users are in the games. Viewable by the link in the online box.

New Feature
At whoo's request & a few others, the mod & games will all function with decimal games. A score of 323.7 will not be rounded up nor will 323.4 be rounded down. Scores submit to the DB as the game submits them to newscore.php

New Feature
The links in viewtopic & viewprofile are now popups that show the trophies that user holds.

New Feature
After your score submits, there is now a link to play the game again. For all the ones who wanted to keep the refresh option, this will keep you from searching for the game.

New Feature
activity_cats.php has been delete. phpbb_ina_categories_data has been dropped. DO NOT drop this table. You will be instructed how to do everything with the download of 1.0.7. I have it set up so you wont lose any of the existing category assignments. Also with this like i have it now, you wont get the double game crap. I added a cat_id field to the game rows. So it cant be there twice. I recoded categories admin, add/edit/delete to all take the new ways. So the categories are more stable now.

New Feature
activity.php?mode=category_play is now added. Since some want it & some dont, if you do, all you have to do is change your header link to reflect it & it will load as the category listing. To see what it looks like this far, just click http://phpbb-amod.com/activity.php?mode=category_play

New Feature
Added an option to turn off scores being submitted, it is set in the ACP, this will allow users to play, but no scores will be submitted. This will be a 2 part feature, user specific or guest.

aUsTiN wrote: Added in 1.0.8

The biggest thing will be a favorites system. On a user by user basis, you will be able to add/delete your favorite games. There will be a page just for this listing. If you get tired of looking thru all the games, simply click it & play your favorites. It will NOT drown your database with info. All users get 1 line, that 1 line will hold all their games, so it doesn't flood the database. You can add/delete favorites from the game rows or the favorites page. You can also add games from the saved body.

Beefed up the whos where page so its not so plain.

added a search feature. Will allow your users to search the games database for certain games. Kinda usefull with over 400'ish games for the mod.

Fixed all the dates to use create_date() instead of strfrtime()

Fixed all the scores pages, i think, to use FormatScores() instead of number_format, so you will see the decimal's & what not.

Rebuilt the saved body cosmetically. You can add the game to your favorites, rate the game, go back to playing it, yada yada, play a game & look... easier that way anyhow

The saved body now works correctly. If you play in pop-up mode, you will not get the go back to games link nor play again link. As they will open in the pop up. You will get the Close Window link.

If you play in full screen mode, you will not get the Close Window link as that will close the whole page.

Added a total games played per user feature. So now you can show how many times a user has played games. Will also make a module for it tomorrow. It will be in effect from the time its installed, so when everyone is at zero, ITS NOT AN ERROR.

Some additions to .9 (this is off the top of my head)

[X] Chat feature
You can now open a popup, and chat with anyone in the games area, since it is a popup, you can carry this with you anywhere on the site or off the site even. It has archives so you can read past days etc.. This is turn on/off capable in the ACP.

[X] Hall Of Fame
Due to someone on my support team buggin for it, it was added. It will track the highest score ever made in a game + the 2nd highest (previous Hall Of Fame owner for that game). It auto updates if the score is beat etc..

[X] Allow Guest View
This was requested, guests can view the games but if they try to play, they are forced to a message that asks them to register before they can actually play. This is on/off capable in the ACP.

[X] Game of the day
You can choose to have a random game of the day or a preset one. If random, it will update daily with a new game selected at random. If you use a preset game, it will stay that game until you change it. This is on/off capable in the ACP.

[X] Whos playing on index
In the list of online users, nect to [ Moderator ] is now [ Playing Games ] and any users currently in the games section, will be a seperate color. Both the text in the brackets & color can be changed in the ACP.

[X] Jackpot feature
If you use the points/cash mod, everytime someone plays a game, the games cost is put into a pot. When someone wins the trophy, they get this pot of points. You can use a jackpot pool, so it never resets to 0 points & someone can always win something, or choose to use 0. TO use it & the pool are both preset in the ACP.

[X] Popup/Parent on a game by game basis
You can now choose when adding/editing a game to allow popup or parent modes for this game. If you dont allow one or the other, it will not display the links for that game in those mods. You can choose 1 or both or whatever you wish.

Fixed the DB Adjustments so you no longer need to so anything to common.php to install/upgrade.

Recoded activity.php to use more popups, this way the user never has to leave the games page to give games a rating, view comments, etc..

Recoded the ACP for faster & better handling on slower connections. All the games loading was killing slow connections.

[X] Reward users for rating
There is now a feature where you can award users points for leaving games ratings. This can be set in the ACP. Setting it to 0 will not give anything naturally.

Added in 1.1.0 (Off the top of my head)

Added integrations for IPB, Nuke, & v3 games as well. So you can install their games & play them too. Use them at your own risk as they are not released @ the support board.

Added the character sheet.

Added alot more, a full list can be viewed at the link below, its 3 pages, so enjoy.
http://www.phpbb-amod.com/viewtopic.php?t=1466

Newest Release: v1.1.0
In Progress: v1.1.1 (N/A)

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR 1.1.0

DEMO BOARD

Guests are allowed to play, so no test account needed.
Last edited by aUsTiN-Inc on Sun May 22, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 94 times in total.
¤ phpBB Security ¤ Blend Portal Creator ¤
¤ Activity Mod Plus Creator «« 2004 phpBBHacks "Hack" Of The Year ¤
¤ Activity Mod Plus Home ¤ 2004 phpBBHacks "Hack" Author Of The Year ¤
My mods are never done, always in update status!
Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo »

About time someone started a new thread :D Nice work aUsTiN-Inc The added features will be a great value to this mod.
"See in this world there's two kinds of people my friend:
those with loaded guns and those who dig"
Clint Eastwood
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Yes it is, the other thread is just crazy.. Anyhow if ya have any ideas or suggestions feel free...
Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

I'd liked to see the "Add game" section a little bit more... user-friendly? a bit easy to use or seomthing. Like a games/ directory , then you can read the files in the directory, and have a drop-down box for adding games or something.
ayusuf
I've Been Banned!

Post by ayusuf »

I wanted to do it but I am no developer. good job austin.
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

darkmonkey wrote: I'd liked to see the "Add game" section a little bit more... user-friendly? a bit easy to use or seomthing. Like a games/ directory , then you can read the files in the directory, and have a drop-down box for adding games or something.

Simple enough, the same concept i use on Blend, only thing is not everyone uses games/ as the directory BUT i can add a config value to take care of that.

Thanks ayusuf, there will be alot more to come, as i dont abandon my projects till they are done :p
ayusuf
I've Been Banned!

Post by ayusuf »

Yes i have seen your blend portal. Nice Job on that but still needs some work done the code a little and styling.
drakky

Post by drakky »

[X] Auto Game Installer:
I will implement this, but i will have to get with the game makers as someone will have to host the game data for the installer to retrieve OR they will have to include .txt etc.. files for it to read. That will depend on if the game makers wish to do this.

i don't see the need for that especially if it's going to slow down the release of your mod, it's not like it's a hard thing to install a game is it?
takes about 1 minute if that

there is a site that has a category system running

http://www.lifelike-board.de/phpbb/portal.php
they have it as a download in there i downloaded it, i just haven't had time to go through it, it's not the prettiest looking thing but it does work
i would think that possibly the categories could be across the top of the activity page maybe instead

although i also think that the category thing can be done later with maybe manual adjustment in the control panel to set the games category ,

great list of features by the way , can't wait to get the mod
Last edited by drakky on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

It will not slow the release. It is a going to be added thing, assuming the authors want it. To me, if the game releasers would include a txt with the game, since they already know what the game is about, the site owners can just use their descriptions & it would save that.

I have added a drop down on top of the games list that loads all the installed games into, kinda like a jump to box, if we figure out the category thing, i can add it there too.
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

A-I wrote: I will also be looking into working with defender-uk on adding things to this as he seems to have original ideas as well & we can get them implemented. That will be his choice.

Sounds good to me.
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Heres another idea for the "auto installer"

Since i am implementing a drop down for the new games in a specified directory, that cuts out 2 lines you had to type before. The game cost i can add 2 config values, max game cost & min game cost, it can array in increments of x all the values, you can just select one, cuts that one out. Same thing for the reward section.

example

Game Max Charge: 50
Game Min Charge: 5
Increments Of: 10

It would array 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 into a drop down.

Will also make a defualt window size for the games, cut that one out, if for some reason the default wont work on a specific game, just edit it.. Same with highscores.

So basically what took you 45 seconds to install a game will take about 10 :p
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Will a Quiz section be included in this? :D
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
drakky

Post by drakky »

aUsTiN-Inc wrote: Heres another idea for the "auto installer"

Since i am implementing a drop down for the new games in a specified directory, that cuts out 2 lines you had to type before. The game cost i can add 2 config values, max game cost & min game cost, it can array in increments of x all the values, you can just select one, cuts that one out. Same thing for the reward section.

example

Game Max Charge: 50
Game Min Charge: 5
Increments Of: 10

It would array 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 into a drop down.

Will also make a defualt window size for the games, cut that one out, if for some reason the default wont work on a specific game, just edit it.. Same with highscores.

So basically what took you 45 seconds to install a game will take about 10 :p

hmm can you put it the value 1 or is it editable manually cause i only charge 1 token per game
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

[X] Auto Game Installer:
I will implement this, but i will have to get with the game makers as someone will have to host the game data for the installer to retrieve OR they will have to include .txt etc.. files for it to read. That will depend on if the game makers wish to do this.

Yes that was the original idea that when one of us adds one, they'd update the file so i think its best whoo has a different one and I do or we can find some system where those modding the games can easily add values(best i think, other than dropdown boxes with *select your source*)

great idea, seems a lot more organised now and we'll get A lot more features! I'll translate it in dutch when you got a first release of a-mod plus
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

aUsTiN-Inc wrote: Heres another idea for the "auto installer"

aUsTin-Inc.

As I can't see anything on your site, even in low res, how would you like to communicate ?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”