[FINAL] Extra Profile BBCode enabled field

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Shannado

[FINAL] Extra Profile BBCode enabled field

Post by Shannado »

Name: Extra BBcode Enabeld Profile Field
Description: With this MOD a member can put extra information in his profile. The member can use BBCode if he/she wants to. The information will be stored in a TEXT field. The admin can set the max of characters used by the user. Admin can set if the information will bedisplayed as separate window or not. Both options can be set in the ACP. With User management the admin is able to changes the extra info.

Demo: http://www.shannado.nl/forumorg/profile ... rofile&u=2
Version: v1.0.1
Status: FINAL - Uploaded to the MOD DB, waiting for approval (v1.0.0)

Download at: http://www.shannado.nl/forumorg/viewforum.php?f=22
Request: N/A

Code: Select all

included in the download file
Last edited by Shannado on Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
Ralendil

Post by Ralendil »

Problem with this hack !!!

I have installed it, I have to type again all extra info all time i want to update my profile (or a member wants...).

Moreover I don't know if there is a link but after modyfing in admin panel some info (avatar) on the profile of a member, he can't change nothing on his profile (here not sure it is your mod, but nether happens before)
Ralendil

Post by Ralendil »

now new prob

I have succeed into repair the first prob by corrected the My SQL db

But now language change to english auto (defaut is french!!!!!!) and date change to format "3" so it display in all forum the date and hour: 3

Cooool

I have seen birthday entries into your code, after deleted it i was able to register again one member, but the password wouldn't be writting in db.

After succeed to repair this, this was the activation....

So I don't know cause I am not good with php but i think there's a LITTLE error with my SQL db. but not sure....

I think i will try again a little and uninstall this mod..... cause I have corrected 4 things... and I don't know how correcting the last...

And look at my signature, exactly that was happening on my board since I have installed this mod :)
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

I will take a look at my code again, perhaps I made some mistakes.
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

updated to v0.6.1:
typo's in the SQL statements. Moved a part of the code downwards

Update info:
Uninstall v0.6.0 and install v0.6.1

Sorry, could not track the differences anymore
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

Updated to v0.9.0:
Admin can set max of characters
Admin can change with user administration the extra field
Admin can set if the extra field will be opened in a window

Update info from v0.6.1 to v0.9.0:
Uninstall v0.6.1 and install v0.9.0

rerun the included file 'extra_profile_field_inst.php'. One error will appear, ignore that error!

Too many changes to make an upgrade HOW TO
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
Ralendil

Great work

Post by Ralendil »

I see that you have improved it more yet....

It is the best mod I've seen !!!!
And now with administration it will be indispensable for me...

I know what i must do....it will be long :)
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

Updated to v1.0.0:
No changes, just made it FINAL release
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
janine

Post by janine »

Works great thanks!!! :D
janine

Post by janine »

I'm back, with a problem.... After I installed this (which I love) I'm getting a "could not insert data into users table" error when people try to register. I dont know what I did wrong, or how to fix it. I tried to repair the table in phpAdmin, but it didn't help....

Any ideas on how to fix this? :(
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

Turn on the DEBUG mode of phpBB. Then try to register a user when the error occurs you will see an SQL statement. Post this statement here. Probaly you INSERT INTO in the usercp_profile has a minor error, please also post the INSERT INTO togehter with the error.

HOWTO turnning on DEBUG mode ? http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13308
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
Ralendil

Post by Ralendil »

have u seen the bug i have posted on your board ? :?: ?

An idea about it?
janine

Post by janine »

ok here's what comes up in the debug mode....
Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near '',1, '')' at line 2

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_gender, user_extra, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (54, 'Janiver', 1026219014, 'b4d9b26755a7001e8ce992f210b05c65', '[email protected]', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, -5, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'english', 2, 0, 1, '0',',1, '')

Line : 524
File : /home/sillyjan/public_html/rpg/phpBB2/includes/usercp_register.php

and here's my Insert into...

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . USERS_TABLE . "	(user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_gender, extra, user_active, user_actkey)
	         VALUES ($user_id, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $username) . "', " . time() . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $new_password) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', '$signature_bbcode_uid', $avatar_sql, $viewemail, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", str_replace(' ', '+', $aim)) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', $attachsig, $allowsmilies, $allowhtml, $allowbbcode, $allowviewonline, $notifyreply, $notifypm, $popuppm, $user_timezone, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', $user_style, 0, 1, '$gender'," . str_replace("\'", "''", $extra) . "',";
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

Try to replace this:
'$gender',"

by this
'$gender','"

Added an extra single quote
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
janine

Post by janine »