Bar Ranks (for Light Backgrounds)

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
Styles Robot
Styles Queue Bot
Styles Queue Bot

Bar Ranks (for Light Backgrounds)

Post by Styles Robot »

Style name: Bar Ranks (for Light Backgrounds)
Author: Erisar
Style description: Each rank set contains 1 administrator level, 1 moderator level, 1 spammer level, and 12 standard user level ranks. The Zip file includes the set in Red, Blue, Yellow, Teal, Green, Gray, Purple, and Orange.
Style version: 0.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.0

Download file: BarRanksLightBG..zip
File size: 52.6 KiB

Style overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this Style. By installing this Style, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Style Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Style support<--
Last edited by Styles Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 69 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Styles Team)
Erisar
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Sarmany

Post by Erisar »

You can see the ranks in the Styles Gallery here.

Hope you like the ranks. Comments/suggestions/votes are welcome and appreciated! 8)
My Twitter · Erisar Design [Web Development and Graphic Design]
FF8Jake

Post by FF8Jake »

Very nice! I've put off ranks because I couldn't find any simple images, all the rest are too loud. Thanks
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty »

Simple and well-designed ranks. my vote is "Excellent!"
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Very Excellent! Well done! Keep it up
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)
LazyFrog

spammer rank?

Post by LazyFrog »

.... how is the spammer rank used? like a scarlet letter? ... please explain. is this a special rank that you assign to someone after they spam, in conjuction with removing their privileges? .... so that they are easily identifiable ... or to shame them away from the site?
LazyFrog (aka La Rana Floja)
DorG

Post by DorG »

very nice
---
- <
---
The Spy

Re: spammer rank?

Post by The Spy »

LazyFrog wrote: .... how is the spammer rank used? like a scarlet letter? ... please explain. is this a special rank that you assign to someone after they spam, in conjuction with removing their privileges? .... so that they are easily identifiable ... or to shame them away from the site?

spammer rank is a special rank.

BTW, i voted very good. some of the darker image ranks are kinda hard to see the level. but the brighter colored ones i thought were excellent. good job.
"I'm just a figment of your imagination."
xiaoboi

Post by xiaoboi »

Erisar, will you be releasing the ranks in dark backgrounds? Cheerios.
Erisar
Former Team Member

Post by Erisar »

xiaoboi wrote: Erisar, will you be releasing the ranks in dark backgrounds? Cheerios.

Yes, I hope to very soon.

And thanks to everyone for the kind comments! :)
LazyFrog

That is obvious "The Spy"

Post by LazyFrog »

The Spy Wrote:
spammer rank is a special rank

That part is obvious ...

My question is what is the purpose of assigning this special rank ... what ends are achieved in doing so.; i.e. why assign a special "spammer rank" when you can just boot the spammer (or cut off their posting privileges) .... is it some kind of Salem's Lot, Scarlet Letter, public humiliation campaign to publically shame an alleged Spammer into acceptable societal mores and cultural expectations?

Let's stone and dunk the Spammers and put them in the public square to be verbally abused and spit upon .... hahahahahaha! I guess to me there is just something humanely indecent about putting Spammers on public morality display, directing abuse towards them. Just suspend their privileges and get on with things!

How about a "special rank" for people that are "stupid" too? Then we wouldn't have to waste our time in reading their posts. Hahahahaha!

I am not a Spammer (or Stupid)... but I am a human.
Erisar
Former Team Member

Post by Erisar »

LazyFrog: Relax :)
Spammer would likely be assigned to a now banned user. If the user has posted legitimate posts before and then was banned after say 50 posts, their 50 posts would still be visible in topics; you would not want them to still hold their previous rank (Newbie, Member, etc). Thus, if you banned a user either permanently or temporarily, you could give them the rank of "Banned" and assign them the spammer image.
I have seen many rank sets with this 'Spammer' title; if you don't like it, don't use it. :)
LazyFrog

that makes more sense

Post by LazyFrog »

... i just couldn't understand under what circumstance you would use it .... but now I see why. If they have been banned, yet have some useful posts that you want to leave for others .... and also let your current posters know that this person is "gone" for a while (hence no PMs please).

I guess it would be better to call that special rank "banned" rather than "spammer" (don't you think?).... as you could also have posts that you want to leave for someone that committed a different bannable offense .... like harrassing another User in PMs, or bumping, or bad language, whatever.

I just didn't understand why Spammer was isolated for a special "ban" rank. I hate Spammers; don't get me wrong. But I also dislike those that bump, use foul language, use derogatory language, etc.

I vote for calling it "Banned" rather than "Spammer" that's all ... and I would use it ... I think it is a good idea.

Cheers!
Stormscape

Post by Stormscape »

Well, you could use Photoshop or Paint to change the word underneath, or do the spraypaint look... erase the word "Spammer", and in Red, write BANNED on the bar, I did that.
Erisar
Former Team Member

Post by Erisar »

Just so everyone knows, I have added a "Banned" title to the ZIP. I have PMed ffeingol so he can change it in the database, but I am still awaiting a response.

And thanks again for all the comments.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”